Thursday 1 November 2007

No More Complaining

Last night I posted a blog entry and this morning I deleted it. I was not happy with how it sounded. I have had a sad week and my entry last night showed that and I don't want my entries to either be sad or full of complaints all the time (and my last couple have been). So I am going to attempt a more up beat one. How I am not sure. Especially as this is my day off and I get to do the ironing. But I am one of those people who actually enjoys ironing (once I get started that is, getting started is the hard thing). I sort all the clothes put on some nice music and switch off.

On a happier note Steve and I leave for England in eight and a half weeks I am so excited. We have to go to the travel agents this weekend and book our two tours that we are going to do. One tour is up through Scotland and the other one is down through Paris and on to Rome after that we have Eurorail passes so we will be doing our own thing from then on. We have to make the most of it because I doubt we will be able to afford to do it again. Steve was told yesterday that he may only have about nine more months of work and then there maybe redundancy packages offered. Scary but he has not been happy in his job for a long time hence the fact he is doing a science degree in the hope of finding a job he will enjoy. The future is definitely looking different. But I am feeling positive about everything.

Lucky Update

Lucky has actually started to partly trust us again. He is licking and sniffing us again with only little hisses now and then. He came out of his cage the other night for a little cuddle and a hiss so we took the opportunity to weigh him. He now weighs 800 grams which is good but he is still feels under weight. Maybe because he doesn't have much fur but I can feel a lot of his bones which is not good. We will be moving him into his teenage room hopefully this weekend and that will be a telling point because we have to watch him and see if his stress and rash reappear.

Mogwai Update

What can I say he is getting bigger and will be moved onto his next stage in the next couple of weeks which is called a soft release. He will be moved out on to an acreage that a couple of carers own and they will release him slowly. He will still have his drey to sleep in during the day but at night he will be let do his own thing on their acreage like find his own food. We would love to do it but he is to close to us. Steve won't get in his cage anymore because Mogwai has a habit of jumping on his head and running up and down his back and legs and when you wear shorts this can be very painful.
So I have to get in the cage to change his water and foliage. Mogwai loves that because I let him groom my hair (he thinks I am his mum). I got lots of licks last night and a hair full of knots.

Rufus Update

Sadly Rufus died on Monday morning we introduced two mates for him on Sunday night and he was so overwhelmed he died from stress during the night. Sadly the two we introduced also died. Our luck with ringtails has not been good. If one gets sick because of their closeness they will both die. But they are a communal animal so they have to have family around them. We just have to learn how to do it without them all dying from stress and sickness.

Better get back to the ironing.


No comments: