Friday 12 October 2007

New Second Job

Well it has been an interesting couple of weeks I have now a second job at a vet's so trying to juggle two jobs and a home and our wildlife and our domestic animals is great.

This week I did three shifts at the vets, talk about full on trying to learn everything and deal with all the clients pretty mind boggling. My first shift I got to bring home a baby pee wee abandoned by it parents (being a wildlife carer has it advantages for both me and the vet). Second shift they had an injured snake but it was pretty badly injured so the best thing for it was to put it into a deep sleep (which was sad). My next shift was so busy and heaps of animals I am so loving it (even the smells Maybe) one poor dog had a tick anybody dealing with an animal with a tick you have to keep it quiet but the poor thing had lost its bodily functions due to paralysis but hopefully he will make a full recovery ( I got to clean his cage boy did it smell). At one stage this week I went to the vet's and then on to my other job and the adrenalin was pumping (stuff getting high etc who needs that when you enjoy what you are doing). Maybe if some of the young people of today went out of their way to find something they enjoy doing we wouldn't have the problem with the young society they could get high on their jobs or their hobbies. I could say Ha Ha, but it is no laughing matter.

I have obviously made some sort of impression on the vet job as after only two and half shifts they want me to fly solo (scary).

On a different note I am so looking forward to our trip to England, Steve and I have been looking at all the brochures and on the net lots to see and not much time but I think it will be great. We were going to book big tours like 12 day ones but all our trips that we have taken recently we have flown by the seat of our pants so to speak just see where we land next and hope for the best. We have had some great holidays like that, arrive in a town and find somewhere to sleep and then explore so I think that is what we will do again (too much planning and you have no freedom to explore what you want to do).

Lucky Update

Lucky is not doing well. We will see. I don't think he will survive in the wild but I am not giving up yet he is still eating but he looks like he has done 10 rounds in a boxing ring poor baby. He still hates us.

Mogwai update

I may not have mentioned our other little brushtail but he is doing so well to the point he has moved into his teenage room. Boy is he enjoying the freedom. I got into the big cage last night with him to make sure he was settling in (and because he is so cute) I shouldn't say that though as a carer, and got a face full of a brushtail. I now have an extra hole in my nose (very painfull) and tonight while changing his water etc he got out of his drey and started to groom my hair all things we have to make him not do as now he needs to become feral for the wild.


Life in my Forties just fantastic.


1 comment:

Dave said...

Intersting blog Donna. Keep it up!
My wife Jill loves animals too (so do I) and she would love to be at your place to see your menagerie!
Any photos?
Thanks for putting a link on your site to mine. I will do the same for you shortly.