Friday 19 October 2007

Henry and Mumma ringtail


It has been a sad week, yesterday we lost Henry and Mumma Ringtail. Life as a carer is harder than what you think. You tend to hope for the best, but it doesn't always work out the way you want. I am having doubts as to my ability and tend to wonder was there something else I could have done. I know there wasn't but it still makes you have doubts. Not that I am going to stop I know there will be a lot more losses but there will be a lot we hopefully will give the chance of survival in their natural environment's.


Mumma Ringtail

The night before she died she got her baby out so that we knew she had a baby and that it was alive. Her baby Rufus is so far doing well he had his milk before and is now asleep in his basket. He weighs 60grams and fits into the palm of my hand. He will be moving on tomorrow as they are an animal that should be kept with his kind so he is off to join another 60gram baby that is with another carer. The picture below is another one of Henry he was pretty tiny as well. My daughter Sarah named them by the way.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: