Thursday 27 September 2007

Back To Work

Well I have gone back to work on a casual basis and it has been quite tiring and sore I am not used to being on my feet for eight hours at a time so all in all it has been a bloody tiring week and trying to remember all I was taught in such a short period of time (yeah I am over it). My first day back I had just reached almost knock off time and I had a code blue ( the place I work that means someone is hurt or something) so if you have a senior first aid certificate, which I have you go running. There in the aisle was an elderly woman who was determined to continue what she started and wanting no help but on further investigation we found out she had chemo that morning and had no help. She has six months to live and was so frail, makes you appreciate life. She still bought her ciggies though. I suppose she thinks I have nothing to lose I am already dying. I feel for her, she was one feisty lady given her condition.

On a happier note this week was my wedding anniversary. I often ask Steve when does the honeymoon stage finish maybe because we have only been married for three years it might take a while. It was a good day and an even better night. Being married to Steve has taught me so much and it gets better each day I look forward to every day being with him. He is my husband and partner something you don't always find in this day and age.

Lucky Update

Well our little fellow is doing better so far we just have to try to alleviate his stress a bit more so we need to move him into a quiet area hopefully that will help him. He still hisses and carries on but he is showing improvement.

Other news on the wildlife front was we went and had our one on one with our wildlife co-ordinator and that was very informative, she is a very educated person when it comes to wildlife. While there I got to hold a baby magpie and see all her animals that she has in care. On arriving we pulled up out front and in her front yard was a baby kangaroo not something you see in the suburbs very often (we knew we were in the right place). While there she had another baby kangaroo in the living room a smaller version of the one outside. I am loving looking after the animals and am now looking at doing maybe a course in animal husbandry next year. I may also have another job as receptionist at the local vet which will help my career if that is what I am looking to doing.

I am starting to realise you never know what is around the corner. Hopefully something even more exciting.






2 comments:

Reg & Hazel Porter said...

You've made my day Donna. Hazel

Dave said...

Good work Donna. Stick with it.(blogging). It's a challenge sometimes but rewarding and fun.Cheers, Dave N.Z.