Saturday 27 October 2007

Household Chores

Seriously who out there enjoys cooking and cleaning. I don't but I seem to spend most of time doing it. I have an issue at the moment. Nobody in my house can cook or clean. I come home from job number one and do the dishes from the night before and then when I return from job number two I get to feed all the animals and clean their cages, then I get to dry and put away all the dishes and cook for everyone and the next day is the same, and I swear nobody in my house showers or uses the bathroom except me because I am the only one who will clean it. I am really over it. Enough of my complaining.

This week has been a busy and sad week ringtail number two Rusty died on the 24th Oct at 6.06am in my hands I tried everything to save him but he just gave up. Our other ringtail Rufus got drowned in tears. I have yet to learn to harden my heart a bit but not to much. (if you can) I doubt it will ever get easy. But as I have said before I won't give up. I have a very stubborn nature. Don't give up unless you absoultely have to. I learn't that through my first marriage. If I wasn't so stubborn our marriage would have ended ten years earlier.

Lucky Update

Well lucky seems to be improving touch wood we will see. I have hopes for him but he still has problems. I don't think he will ever be released but he could become a stud somewhere. Keep the fingers crossed.

Mogwai Update


Mogwai what can you say he is going from strength to strength and I hope he continues down that path. He is eating everything in sight. We may have to move him on soon. ( I can see more tears from me).

Rufus Update

What a cutie loves his milk but he has UTI at the moment have to give him oranges and mandarin to get rid of it and it seems to be working. He is starting to pee normally so we can but hope. I get up to feed him at five and or six in the morning and he is great depends when he starts to cry so to speak possums have their own language . He will move into his next cage soon the preschool room and hopefully he will do well. He will also get a new mate to play with tomorrow. (I hope it survives our rate is not to good at the moment).

4 comments:

Dave said...

Hi Donna. Interesting that you dote on, and protect, possums there. Here in NZ they are a pest and destroy our natural bush and eat eggs from the nests of our native birds. Our government is constantly trying to erradicate them. A friend had one once, and I agree they are cute.Used to climb his leg and sit on his head. Do your do that?

Madonna said...

Hey Dave, The possums are cute and yes they tend to climb on your head and groom you which means, (have you seen monkeys when they groom something like that.)They get on your head and basically eat your hair for a female it is ok (they usually have more hair) for a balding male quite painful. Steve has a picture in his blog of mogwai trying to eat his scalp (Steve had a few scratches and bite marks on his scalp for a while) not a happy chappy. We lost Rufus last night due to stress of introducing two new ringtails for him I am not very happy we really need to learn more about them. If I could I would redo last night all over again because I felt Rufus was not handling things to well but not having the experience well the end results speaks for them selves. It was a sad day and an angry day because I feel I could have prevented it from happening, I won't let it happen again I will go for the gut instinct instead of what everyone else says. We were in N.Z. last year and I saw all the baits etc. I know they are pest over in your home but they are not a pest here yet. Didn't Aussies introduce them in your country? (We are Bad Bad people)

Dave said...

Someone from there probably did. But I don't think you are bad people! Sad about Rufus, but we all live and learn Donna. I guess Steve will no longer let them sit on his head huh? - Dave.

Madonna said...

No he won't let him sit on his head he is still in recovery.