Thursday 12 June 2008

Governments

I don't have much time for politics but when it came to my back door I sat up and took notice. The State Government has decided (against our council) to secure 300 hectares of land in our shire for low cost housing. As the Redlands has one of the largest (although dying out) koala populations you have to ask why. There is not much land available for the koalas to actually call home anymore so again I ask why?

The infrastructure in the area they wish to do this is also not great, the transport, schools and facilities available are not the best. Does the Government want to create the slums of the future if so why here?

I know people need housing but surely the Government could knock down Anna Blighs home and the surrounding area and build there. Instead of signing the death warrant for hundreds of koalas and other animals that live in the area.



2 comments:

Dave said...

I think we must protect the areas where wild life live. Everywhere humans are taking land that should be reserved for wildlife. Take the swamps of Florida in the USA. - Dave

Madonna said...

I agree Dave maybe I have got onto an environmental platform at the moment but what the government wants to do is wrong. I think where people don't get the drift is that when you take away the flora and the fauna you also take away human life because flora and fauna help produce oxygen and biodiversity if you don't have it you become extinct. If the planet keeps going the way it is it will no longer be.