Thursday 20 September 2007

Getting Started

Where to start hopefully this will be the hardest bit and the rest will get easier. I am in my forties hence the heading. I decided to start a blog because my husband has one (the desk in the corner) and I have found it interesting watching his take shape so I thought I would give it a go. I doubt anyone but him will read it so I should be fine.

They say life begins in your forties. I know mine has diffidently changed.

So far in my forties I have gotten divorced, remarried, flown in a light aircraft, ridden on a motorbike and I have quit my job of 18 years and am now wondering what to do with my life. Although work has let me stay working casually so I will have a little bit of work in the next couple of months.

I am looking at going back to study which should prove interesting as I haven't been in a classroom for a long long time. What appeals at this point is something outside. The courses I am looking at doing are land management and conservation or animal husbandry. I have spent the last seven years not knowing if it was raining, cold or sunny outside. I have been stuck in an office with no windows (It was starting to feel like a prison) not a nice feeling at all. I am now sitting at home wondering what to do with myself as the courses I wish to do don't start till February.

One thing I have recently become is a wildlife carer and have two baby brush tails possums, a snake (Carpet Python) and a blue tongue all of which except the blue tongue will hopefully survive and be returned to their natural habitat. The blue tongue as she is to tame can not go back into the wild but hopefully will go to a good home. Hopefully they will keep me busy for a while but I can't see that happening as they sleep all day so all I have to do is clean their cages and feed them. I also have a 10 year old beagle named Xena, a cat named Dizzy, a bird named Samson and four chickens named after the four divas.

Today though one of the possums is sick his name is Lucky (He is named lucky because his mum was hit by a car and she was so mangled they didn't know she had baby at first) he was in the care of my eldest daughter but she has had to give up caring for a short time as she is in between homes. He is suffering from possum mange/dermatitus which can kill him if not treated only thing is the treatment is so stressful for him he wont come out of his dray (his bed) we have to bath him, possums hate to be bathed and my husband and myself have the scratches to prove it. So Lucky is off to the vets tonight yet again to hopefully get something to make him better.





2 comments:

Steve said...

It's definitely easier once you get the first one out of the way. It gets better when you realise what else you can do with Blogger as well.

Reg & Hazel Porter said...

Now all we have to do to see what you and Steve are up to is to check both blogs. Veerry int-er-esting!!!