Saturday 22 September 2007

Up Up and Away

One thing I have done in my forties that I have never done before was go overseas. Last year we went to the south island of New Zealand and this year we went to Hanoi Vietnam. Just lately I have been saying to Steve I would love to go to England in the next couple of years so what did he do today he went and booked us on flights to England on the 28th December this year so we will see the new year in in England. Which is interesting because not long after I met Steve I was talked into going to have my cards read tarot cards that is (I don't usually believe that sort of thing) but I was told the person I met recently would take me traveling and that he would be my partner for the rest of my life. As I had just separated and was going through my divorce and I had never been out of Australia I thought that unlikely as I was a bit anti men and commitment at that time. I was proven wrong we got married and have traveled. Doesn't mean it made me a believer though just less skeptical.

So now I have to get as much casual work as I can to save up some money for spending which won't be to hard at this time of year. Work has offered me about 7 weeks work starting next week which will bring me to mid November. Then it will be Christmas and then we leave and I still have four weeks long service leave up my sleeve so I might take them. I think it will all come around pretty quickly. At least I won't be bored.

Update on Lucky

Well two days ago we took lucky the possum to the vet with his rash and he is now on a new cream instead of bathing him (thank god) as he was becoming quite distressed not that the cream is any better he still hates us. He proved that by climbing up on my shoulder after putting the cream on him and reversing up to my neck and peed all down my shoulder and in my hair and then he poohed all down my back ( he is just a charming little fellow). The cream must be starting to work on him though as the third dose he laid on his back in my lap and went to sleep (now that was cute). I would just like our healthy happy little possum back and not the one at the moment that hisses, scratches, bites, pees and poohs all over us. (I am sure he would like to be back to).

By the way anyone know of someone who would like to house and animal sit for 5 weeks while we are overseas???

No comments: