Sunday 8 March 2009

Do people really care.

I have not written much lately, Life in my forties has had a lot of side tracks. I have come to realise that there are some important things happening aside from being forty. Apart from being tired all the time from working 6 days a week. Many of the wildlife we are getting into care are dying which is not healthy for the environment and I have come to the realisation that progress in the human sense is killing them. My last blog entry was about Hamish a baby brushtail a dog attack since then we have had a female ringtail with baby twins in her pouch all died also due to domestic dog attack. Another brushtail unknown reasons but found with dogs. Several birds some dog and some cat attacks. But one of our latest was human, a snare causing a broken front leg and major damage to his upper front leg resulting in gangrene and having to be put down.


He is in so much pain and scared.


You can see the snare marks around his ankles.

The vet we got him from said he just needed some care for a couple of weeks and could be released. They did not tell us he had a broken leg or give us medication for his wound.

On a brighter note we have little Terry who we have had since Christmas Eve. His injuries were his front leg unknown cause. He is growing and is a pig loves his food and lots of attention. He should be ready for release in a couple of months.


He likes to sit on peoples head just like mum's back only our skulls are not as tough so can be quite painful. Head massage with needles would be an apt description.


His claws are very sharp. But he is oh so adorable.

2 comments:

Dave said...

animals can be fun too Madonna, huh? We were sad to learn of the injured and dead animals from the Melbourne bush fires. - Dave

Madonna said...

Hey Dave I may be sounding a bit down lately but I am seeing a side of the wildlife's plight and it is sad and makes me angry but on a brighter note I am also dealing with all my babies and hope that their future will be brighter than their parents fate. It is what keeps me going in the wildlife caring side of things. For every animal that we lose we must not lose sight on the ones that we have in care. I love what Steve and I do and yes they are fun, everything Terry does is a great he plays and eats and cuddles. I love it. I will try to get off my soap box in my next blog entry and get back to basics and have some fun again with my babies. :)