Monday 5 January 2009

Native Animal Bus

Being a carer for our native animals I am finding at the moment is very tiring and daunting, but also would not swap it for anything.

On the weekend we became a wildlife bus picking up at different spots and dropping off and getting assessed different animals in our care, in total our car had 12 boxes with 18 animals ready to be moved and assessed. Our co-ordinator Natasja is just wonderful, as we started unpacking our car she just took it in her stride, but on saying that I have seen bigger loads of animals being brought into care at her place. I take my hat off to her ( I think I would go stir crazy) her house is an open house for carers and animals. I can't remember the last time I visited her that it was quiet.

Today we got the delivery of three new ringtails and three bantams (they are so cute) for a short stay while their carer moves house. We also did a fodder run. Not far from where we live is a park where the council has set aside some land for wildlife carers to grow trees, so that you can feed the animals in care. It is a great idea and better than stripping your neighbours trees and all up the street and parkland in order to feed your animals. Not that we do that we usually visit relies and strip their trees. :)

2 comments:

Dave said...

Well done Madonna. I wonder how you find the time? - Dave

Madonna said...

Thanks Dave I have forgotten what time is. There is never enough of it lately.