Saturday 16 February 2008

First Week in Tafe

This week was my first week back in the scary world of studying and learning. I have five assignments and I don't know where to start. My first day I was terrified about who would be in my class and what the teachers would be like now I am just worried I won't be able to pass. I just hope I can take it all in and walk away with a certificate.

My class is a good mixture of ages and sexes which is great. I have met some really nice people. The teachers though all seem to be stale so to speak I think they are wishing they were some place else. Given what they are teaching it is understandable. I think they want to be out in the field doing the revegetating instead of teaching it.

My first assignment I have decided to do Lyngbya an algae that smothers the vegetation in Moreton Bay thus killing off the food supply to some of our native wildlife in the bay. I have to really get my head around it all. But on an up note I get lots of day trips around the Redlands and we have to assess and revegetate a few plots in the area so that in years to come we can go back and say we did that.

I can't believe that two weeks ago I was in England and now I am back to reality with a bump. I even went to work today for 3 hours and I have to work next week. Oh God to be on holidays again.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Holidays always want to linger don't they? Enjoy your studying again and good luck with the assignments. - Dave

Dave said...

Holidays always want to linger don't they? Enjoy your studying again and good luck with the assignments. - Dave

Dave said...

Sorry, this second comment was not intended - Dave