Monday 24 December 2007

Trust

A couple of years ago Steve and I went to a place called Watt's Bridge just outside of Brisbane. There was a get together of fellow pilots for something I can't remember what. Steve was going to do his 210 endorsement meaning retractable under carriage. On take off out of Archerfield his instructor said I can smell smoke and then turned to me and asked if I could see smoke. On picking up my tummy from the floor and my heart from the ceiling of the plane I looked to Steve and saw his calmness and just knew we would be alright why I don't know I just did.

We landed safely and loaded up another plane and flew out to Watt's Bridge for a great night. The next day we flew back to Archerfield in the worst turbulence I have ever experienced to the point where when we landed Steve said he had hit his head and he was the the pilot. Another fellow pilot flew back in a smaller aircraft and the turbulence turned him upside down.

During all this I felt safe. Why because of the trust I have in Steve as a pilot. I thank him for keeping me safe.

The reason behind this blog entry is because in a couple of days we will be flying to England and I don't know the pilots they had better be safe. I don't know them but on flying with Steve on lots of occasions I hope they will be good, steadfast and reliable like my hubby.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi. I found your blog through Dave's Cimba7200 blog. Being 35, I thought I should find out what life in my 40s will be like. You make it sound pretty good. :)