Sunday 23 December 2007

Christmas Time

Almost Christmas how tired am I, in answer to that question lots and lots. These last couple of days have been so full on and I still have to go to work tomorrow OH BOY. I have not felt the Christmas spirit for a long time I wonder if it is an age thing or what. How bah humbug do I sound. I love this time of year but it has become so commercial. It comes down to time and money these days instead of family time and the other supposedly true meaning of Christmas the birth of Jesus. Don't get me wrong with a name like mine you have to realise I am Catholic (just not a practising one).

The best thing about Christmas is the light that comes on in a childs eye when they open a present or you tell them a story about Christmas. Maybe I need some grand kids to get my spirit back. But heaven help me if I say that to my girls.

The other day I was saying to my youngest daughter who just turned 21 that at 20 I was married and that at 22 I had my first child. Her response well I can't print that but it was not very complimentary. Times have changed so much.

Oh well.

I hope everyone out there has an excellent Christmas and a very safe New year. Drive carefully.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Thanks Madonna. Merry Christmas to you both too. - Dave.