Tuesday 23 September 2008

Oh What A Day

Today I had a moment when I wished the ground would have opened up and swallowed me. Have you ever had a day when you have things go from hectic to stupid.

All my life I have been brought up around cars and the mechanics of them. My Dad is an ex cabbie who did all the maintenance on his cabs for the 25 years he was an owner driver and I used to love hanging out in the garage watching and helping when I could and Dad taught me well. I knew just about everything to look for when something happened to one of my cars and how to fix it.

Well today after a an extremely hectic day at work I went down to the car I am borrowing at the moment as Steve is away and has ours and it wouldn't start, all thought process went out the window, I presumed I had a flat battery as that was the symbol on the dash, so I rang my daughters partner who is part owner of the car with her I am borrowing and checked a few details and found they were part of the RACQ our road service here and they were. So I called and a lovely man from RACQ came out and checked the battery which he said was fine, then he got into the car and turned to me and said it would normally start if you put into park. At that moment I wished for the ground to open and swallow me.

I then came home to find my tilt-a-door wire broken and not being able to open it.

Oh what a day.

2 comments:

Dave said...

You are not so silly Madonna.It can happen to anyone not used to driving automatics - including me! - Dave

Madonna said...

Does that mean it has happened to you Dave? The sad thing is that I have told my daughters if the car won't start check your status on the the things that maybe stopping it from going, one thing being are you in park or drive. I drive now an auto but you can not remove the key unless it is in park.